This is a 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944) USB camera, configured by the manufacturer for use with LightBurn, and will work equally well on Windows or Mac systems. The camera uses a CMOS sensor, with automatic exposure and white balance, and a manually focused lens.
The LightBurn Camera operates at full resolution for the best possible performance.
Each camera comes with a 140 degree lens and a 3 meter (10 foot) USB cable.
We can also install the camera into the camera mount for you so that you do not have to deal with adhesives and receive a completed unit that is ready to install and use: LightBurn Camera & Mount Assembly
This camera has a 140 degree lens. In order to determine the minimum height above your table to see the whole laser area, use the wider of the two lengths of your system and divide by 1.8.
- On a typical 300 x 200 mm K40 laser using the 140 degree lens, divide 300 by 1.8, giving 167 mm above the bed, minimum, to see the whole thing.
- On a larger 700 x 500 mm laser using the 140 degree lens, divide 700 by 1.8, giving 389 mm above the bed, minimum, to see the whole thing. For most users, this will mean mounting the camera to the open lid of the laser.
Note that there will always be a bit of image loss from undistorting the image, so you should always err slightly toward having a little extra room.
Full camera specs:
- Sensor: OV5648 1/4 Inch CMOS
- Focus: Manual
- Object distance: 180mm
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Power: USB bus power(5V)
- Sensitivity: 600mV/(lux • s)
- Pixel Size: 1.4×1.4um
- Maximum Image Transfer Rate: 2592*1944@15fps
- S/N Ratio: 34dB
- Dynamic Range: 67 dB
- Lens Construction: 4P+IR
- F/No: 2.8
- EFL: 3.34 mm
- Relative Illumination (Sensor): 70%
- IR Filter: 650±10nm
- DSP Type: HJ501
- AGC/AEC/Whiter balance: Auto
- Fixed Pattern Noise: < 0.03% of VPEAK-TO-PEAK
- Module Size: 62x9mm